QUALITY ANALYSIS OF PUBLIC TRANSPORT SYSTEMS IN PARTNER REGIONS
LIST OF STRENGTHS OF PUBLIC TRANSPORT IN REGIONS UNDER ANALYSIS
- Integration of public transport
- High frequency of connections between the capital of the region, Karlskrona and other cities and towns in the region.
- User-friendly ticketing system compulsory in the whole region.
- Public transport system very friendly to the natural environment.
- Since 2003 every PT route is operating by operators, chosen via public tenders. In 2018 8 operators have 16 contracts with PT authority to provide service of 58 routes.
- Integrated user-friendly e-ticketing system, numerous list of ticket types and distribution channels
- Responsibilities are splited among City council (political level), City administration and PT authority. Wide route network and public transport availability by foot (<500 meters)
- Numerous ticket distribution channels, which translates into easy purchase of tickets by passengers.
- Modern fleet of vehicles with most of them adapted to the needs of people with difficulties in moving around.
- Experience in the use of vehicles powered by electric energy (trolleybuses with traction batteries)
- High spatial availability of public transport.
- User-friendly and attractive e-ticket system.
- User-friendly price policies (free of charge for students, seniors over 65, discounts for different social groups).
- Good connections to Copenhagen and the rest of Denmark and Germany.
- Demand-responsive public transport.